Friday, June 12, 2009

Being present don't signify one's presence.

As I was pondering if I should attend the common class gathering, my gastric did not stop reminding me that i should eat more regularly. Nor did my mum forget to cough a few times to remind me as well, that she is STILL sick. Though, I am definitely sure it is no where as bad as the ruckus she raked up in my mind when she told me she couldn't even make it to the toilet that is just 2 steps away from her bed. My close friends would perhaps know a little of her condition and how needy she can get, but this morning, it really felt quite bad. And later on, while she got better with some catching up with sleep, i was squeezing out air reluctantly with constant hiccups from my gastric disorders. It has been quite some time since i experienced this kind of gastric discomfort already, and after hearing of Faith's sudden attack on the gastrics, mine came along, poking me in the ribs, telling me "pay me some freakin attention!". No, i'm definitely not as needy as my mum, and i always try to avoid the clinic. it seems like a forbidden word in my dictionary, with red neon light flashing in this 6-letter term. I would tell myself "it will go away with time and good rest" and ignore the usual persuasions to visit the doctor. No, no, I wouldn't give in.

Don't know if Faith went to the airport on her own, since she didn't reply my text. but well, morning was chaotic, the constant hiccuping and mopping the floor at the same time drained up alot of my energy. Brunch came at about 11:15 and lunch at 3pm , irregular yet routine for my family most of the time. Sunk in my swivel chair and started Naruto-ing right after brunch. Naruto, though as stupid as it sounds, is actually one of the best anime i would say. I wasn't all that into the action initially but I got captivated with the many stories, emotions and values behind all these drawings. For those who used to despise this Anime at its name (like what i used to do) , i beg you to difer. watch the first few episodes and boy, i'm pretty sure you'll be engaged in a marathon like me. [its 2:15 now! and my eyelids are nowhere near 500g !the insomnia drones on... ]

If you were wondering, the first 2 paragraphs didn't seem to go into picture with the header. Its a line I had been pondering for today, regarding the class gathering at night that was supposed to be a belated celebratory dinner for Jervis. Don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with the people, really. i see them as hot blooded youths, that cant help but amuse me in their very own unique ways. We had known each other since Secondary 1 for some and for others along the way through my secondary school life. They were my Secondary 3 and 4 classmates, a group of people that walked through my youthful days. I was nothing more than a tiny olive off this foot long wich. The tiny olive, branded under the "standard veg", little in quantity and pretty bland, not very pleasing to the eye, but is there because its part of the "standard" . Something that people would neglect or forget if it werent part of the sandwich. Whereas, the angry customer will complain if one day, the sandwich has its turkey breasts missing, or when the ham is not there. People care more about the main gists of the whole thing, the more bizzare ones, the louder ones. who gives any shit about the left out olives or pickles? all they probably need, is the meat of the lunch, and some standard vege to along with.

Therefore, the olive wonder, if its needed, why does it try to be part of the sandwich, when in the end, it don't matter at all. At the same time, it could be hidden within the lettuce. snuggling tight and safe in the comfort zone, with its mild taste, trying to blend into the overpowering meaty bite. It is all too hard on the olive. Maybe, one day, the olive will simply be eradicated off the menu. to cut cost they say. since being present didn't really signify its very own presence and participation. In case you're thinking in your mind, oh dear, Eileen is craving for subway right now. let me remind my dear friends that i can count the number of times i dine there with my bare hands.

time check, its 2:39, i bet the tea/coffee is on night shift now, and it will claim its pay tomorrow, with my unstoppable yawns and teary eyes. Its been so long since i actually sat down and type. so consider this "trying-to-get-to-sleep-by-killing-some-kinetic and brain cells" period, a time to refresh, and get myself back on touch with writing. Something that I had not done, other than annotating my music scores every sunday. I should at least make the effort to blog everyday with the amount of free time i have on hand shouldn't i ? or at least some pre-study would help my pursue of language perhaps a little less taxing. maybe just that teeney weeney, but up till date, the books my beloved brother gladly shoved me are still untouched and waiting to be discovered.

Its getting late. the WEEEEE hours, i should attempt fighting the adrenaline pumping from the caffine i took in a few hours ago and get to sleep. so long, whoever that reads my blog. i'll put my laptop to sleep, and try to get a few winks on my own. nightey nights! i'll be back tomorrow, i hope (:

No comments: